Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CraftYourCool #CollectiveBias
I want to share one of the best things about motherhood and that is having your kids take a nap. Sounds horrible! But it is a breath of fresh air. I feel all moms with kids at home this summer will agree we look forward to nap time. I basically everyday look forward to lunch time because I know soon after my little one will be out for a good while.
Since nap time is a must and basically sacred to us all I want to share 5 things you can do at home to enjoy some “me” time. Sometimes we have to skip the cleaning, washing, and leave the dirty dishes in the sink and simply enjoy summer time in any way possible.
- First thing coffee. I like to head to the kitchen and get my cold coffee. I have been an iced coffee lover for a very long time now. For many years I hated hot coffee and could not stand taking one sip. Pouring it with cold ice cubes or blending it with a mix of crushed ice was the way to go for me. It wasn’t until last year that my husband got me hooked on hot coffee and I haven’t looked back since. So now I am enjoying the best of both worlds. Iced or sizzling hot I love it ’cause I am all about needing my morning coffee to get me through the day. Some days, okay, most days I look forward to the kids early nap time to get some alone time and do some “me” time. I mean from the moment we are up it’s constantly all about our mom duties and keeping up with the family. Making sure everything is clean and everyone is where they need to be. To be honest, there are some days when all I have managed to drink is coffee and as soon as my little one is down napping that’s when I start prepping my first meal. I can’t ever eat until I am alone. The struggles I tell ya!
- Turn on the TV and watch your favorite TV shows. Okay there are some shows I don’t like to press play on while my kids are around. It is just so much better when I can fully engage and listen to the show from beginning to end without pausing every two minutes and that’s when I am alone. I have an addiction to reality shows and one of my favorites is the Bachelorette. I can catch up on it and enjoy the peace and quiet with the new Starbucks® Bottled Dulce de Leche Frappuccino® iced coffee is one of my best ways to relax on the living room couch.
- Read a book. Right now I am addicted to Little Big Lies. I watched their miniseries on HBO and was hooked since week one. I have heard the book goes in much more detail so I currently added it to my summer reading list.
- Exercise. I know I sound crazy because I haven’t been doing it myself. However right now I am about to have a big reality check as I need to fit into my bridesmaid dress next month for my best friend’s wedding. With that said I am about to commit my kid’s nap time into a 30 min workout. A little cardio and physical exercise is way over due for me and I know it will do my body good.
- Find a new recipe. I think we are all finding ourselves searching through Pinterest in hopes of finding a new dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy. This is usually the best time for me to browse the internet and pin new fun ideas and plan your grocery list for the week and don’t forget to add your favorite Starbucks® Bottled Frappuccino® Coffee Drink
Right now Starbucks® Bottled Dulce de Leche Frappuccino® Coffee Drink is NEW at your local Walmart. You can find it in the coffee aisle as shown above. There is a special offer when purchased at Walmart. Buy 3 ready to drink products and receive 35 stars ( In- store only, receipt verification) If you are a Gold Star Rewards member this is so convenient to fuel up and collect all your stars. With my purchased I also grabbed a Mocha which is also my all time favorite to take and blend at home with my Ninja blender, there is always a variety to choose from.
*Starbucks® Bottled Dulce de Leche Frappuccino® Coffee Drink 13.7 oz Single Serve item only (not available in 4-pack)
Now tell me when you get alone time what is your favorite thing to do to? I’d love to know in the comments below.