This post is sponsored by Autotrader; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Planning Holiday Travel
With the holidays here, many of us will plan to travel to visit family, or to a getaway vacation, or even far out of state. This week, we did our first holiday trip of the season with our brand new vehicle we just purchased. My very first car purchase I was 18, naive, and overall did not do a good job at researching all I could have. Now 11 years later I will say a lot has changed and I certainly learned from my mistakes. I like to share my knowledge from what I have experienced from then and now. Basically, let you guys know all about Autotrader. First, Autotrader is not a car dealership but the ultimate search tool and guide to give you all the information and knowledge you are looking for in your next car. The experts at Autotrader provide advice on everything from finding the right car for you to helping you get ready for your road trips. Autotrader continues to offer reliable resources to make your long drives this holiday season easy.
If you are in the market for purchasing a vehicle Autotrader can help you. Not sure about what you might want? That is okay. Autotrader lets you research and compare new, certified, and used cars by searching for body type, mileage, price, and numerous other criteria. Autotrader is the only website with more than 3 million vehicle listings from 40,000 dealers and 250,000 private owners. They provide the largest selection of vehicles and attract more than 14 million qualified buyers each month.
I believe strongly in doing your homework and finding the tools you will need for a big important purchase like buying a car whether you choose to buy or lease, or purchase new or used. The resources given to you will help you along your new car buying experience. No need to fret about your holiday travel adventures. You can make this holiday season a breeze using the articles, tips, and all the advice, and information over on Autotrader. Autotrader even made my road trip easier this year by sending me a “Joy To The Road” box with all the must-haves when on the road, and as you can see, my kids fully took advantage of it all.
Traveling with kids is not always pleasant. Beautiful memories don’t always come easy either – trust me I know! But I feel we have mastered it all after so many trips around Texas that the distance no longer weighs a toll on us. The more trips we take, the better idea I have on what helps when traveling with kids. Sharing my tips down below.
Tips For A Successful Road Trip with Kids
- Get your car road trip clean and also prepare for a bad car situations- again on our Disney trip we ended with a flat tire just as we had left Houston city limits. So be prepared for the worst situation. Check your tires, have a spare ready, get your car maintenance (like oil change/ tire rotations done)
- Have every kid pack their bag/ backpack with their favorite toys/ activities
- Pack their books, coloring books, and printable sheets, iPad, tablet etc. With the Joy to the Road Box from Autotrader our kids were entertained all the way to Texas Hill Country which was close to 4 hours since it was a holiday weekend.
- For adults have magazines, battery and phone charger, laptop, and/or camera
- Pack a food cooler bag to store cold drinks, snacks, chips, oatmeal bars etc
- Have all the essentials such as wet wipes, tissues, hand sanitizer, medication, trash bags, odor eliminator and toilet paper because you never know
- Buckle up. Safety first!
And now you are ready to go on your next holiday adventure! Don’t forget to check out Autotrader for more tips before heading out on the road this holiday season.