however, all thoughts and opinions expressed here are completely my own.
- Visit Downtown– Explore your city. There is a lot of places we have never been to and many activities our city offers for families (some are even free). If you live in Houston follow this one. Something we started doing is trying new restaurants with food that is both kid friendly but also out of our comfort zone. So far it’s been an exciting and satisfying experience. Also there are many mural walls our city has and dragging our kids along offers up the opportunity to explore different parts of the city and encourages them to look for art in our everyday lives. We can’t wait to visit them all.
- Take Family Photos– It’s Spring! A perfect time for family pictures. Every year I plan a Spring photo session. It’s fun and always a great way to keep some family memories. After all our kids are only getting older each year. And if you’re on a budget you can even do it yourself at home or at your neighborhood park. Many times my husband and I take each others photos with our kids and ask anyone near by to snap a photo of all of us together, there is always a way to make it work. You just have to get creative and work with what you have.
- Watch a New Movie– The movie many have been waiting for several months is finally out-Beauty and the Beast and so far I hear great reviews from friends and see positive feedback on social media. The kids love watching movies and a movie date with your children is always needed for you both. This weekend I took the oldest two kids and invited my sister (that way she could help me out). This is what they have been looking forward to the most and we all loved it. My Kids left the theater saying, “This is the best day ever!”
- Take a Nature Walk– Here in Houston we have several spots. We like going to Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary. It gets the kids going where they can take lead. Finding trails that encourage adventure and imaginative play are an essential part of childhood. Plus they burn out energy where they can run and explore but also stop and look around at what nature has to offer.
- Start an Easter Egg Hunt– You can do an Egg Hunt inside at home or outside your backyard, the options are endless. I had the kids do a Reverse Easter Egg Hunt where I let them hide the eggs away. Even though my youngest is only 1 he loved following along with his older siblings because it gave all of them a bit of authority as an adult.
With all these activities you can’t start Spring without the cutest wardrobe for your littles. One of my favorite guilty pleasures is shopping for my kids. I enjoy it more than shopping for myself. I guess you could say motherhood does that to you! I have about 3 top favorite places to shop for my kids and OshKosh B’Gosh is one of them. They have the best spring line with everything you can imagine at an affordable price. Having two boys I sometimes struggle finding fashionable big boy and baby boy clothes. Here I find so many options and even get to match them from time to time with similar tees and jeans. And with my daughter I can’t ever go wrong with all their girl jewelry and dresses, she loves to dance and twirl around with them.
The kids Spring line consist of bright, colorful, and fashionable options and carries on a classic look. You can find a combination of color schemes to choose from if you are planning to shop for Easter outfits or do a photo session with your family this Spring. I always tend to go with more neutral grey and white colors with a pop of bright to even it out.
OshKosh has so many cute and affordable clothes for their Spring line out right now. I’m currently obsessed with all the girls dresses and ruffle skirts and all the boys shoes and shorts along with their striped polo shirts where you can mix and match. There is a coupon right now until May 6th (05/06) where you can save 25% off on your $40+ purchase. ONLINE code OKBG3270. RETAIL code 036602. You can also click here for a printable coupon.
Click here to find your nearest store
Also OshKosh will run an Easter Sweeps from 4/10-4/14. They will give away gift cards for fans to buy their favorite Easter outfitting of their choice. You can enter on their facebook page.