As a child Mole has always been one of my favorite homemade meals. It brings great memories looking back of my family and I on the weekend when my dad was actually home, those were the times we all got to eat together with him and enjoy our time as a family.
There are many recipes of mole and many of them have listed so many ingredients that it can make one nervous to even attempt making it. Which is why I did not even risk the chance. For us Mexicans Homemade mole is one of a kind but over the years my mom discovered a way to carry the tradition of making mole for us yet not invest too much time in cooking it. Because of her I now use DOÑA MARÍA® MOLE.
Call it the new generation but it is easy and delicious! Time have changed, no need to spend 12+ hour in the kitchen. I can say it has been a favorite at our place. My mom has been using it for years now. DOÑA MARÍA® MOLE is a thick paste made with all the ingredients you need in your Mole- fresh chili peppers, fresh herbs, and spices, roasted tomatoes, tomatillos, sesame seeds, cocoa, onion and garlic along with ground nuts or seeds for the thickening.
So today I am sharing a quick way to make mole along with a side of pasta topped with queso fresco. It is perfect for a get together, family dinners, and birthday parties.
- Chicken Breast (Skinless & Boneless)
- 1 jar of DOÑA MARÍA® MOLE
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 tablet Nestle ABUELITA authentic Mexican chocolate
- fettucini pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 avocado, sliced
- queso Fresco “La Vaquita”
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn tortillas (optional for mole)
- Boil the chicken for 45 min. Start shredding the chicken once cooked
- To prepare the Mole sauce, empty the jar of Dona Maria into a saucepan. Slowly stir in 4 cups of chicken broth, add the garlic and ABUELITA chocolate. (for best results use the same broth you cooked your chicken in)
- Heat the sauce over medium/high heat, whisking occasionally to prevent lumps from forming. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir for 5 minutes or until boil
- Move cooked chicken into the pot of mole, mix, and cook on low, continue until sauce thickens
- For the pasta, cook the fettuccine according to instructions. Once cooked drained the fettuccine.
- in the blender mix 3 tomatoes, a clove of garlic minced, half of a yellow onion (chopped) and 1 cup of water to make tomato soup.
- Heat up a skillet with olive oil and butter. Saute the garlic until aromatic or slightly browned, then add the chicken broth and added blended tomato soup. Stir to blend well. Top the pasta with queso Fresco and a few chopped cilantro. Add sliced avocados on side (optional)