It’s been two months now since we hired 3 Men Movers. I had so many questions regarding our move and had lots of recommendations for those moving for the first time. After being in our first home for 10 YEARS, there was so much we had stored and kept over time—not just us as a couple, but also our 3 kids.
We started our home as newlyweds and with Ryan turning one year old a month before closing on our home, to leaving as a family of 5. Going in, we knew this would be the part we would dread the most. We didn’t know where to start when it came to packing for a big move. After doing some research and getting online recommendations from my future neighbors in the neighborhood Facebook page, I reached out to the most trusted company in Texas.. That’s where 3 Men Movers came into our rescue!
About 3 Men Movers
If you’re looking for a local moving company based in Houston or surrounding areas in Texas, I hope this post helps you decide.
I’m sharing all of the details of our experience in this blog post so that you can share it whether you know someone who is moving soon, or if you simply want to refer back to it if you move in the near future. This link will take you directly to the 3 Men Movers website.
They were generous enough to give me a discount code to share with you all!
Use ERIKA30 for $30 off your service.
Get To Know 3 Men Movers
If you are in Texas (and especially in Houston) I can’t recommend Joe and his crew enough. They are the best of the best! Don’t believe me? Well, you just need to go read their reviews on their website and on social media. They are very detailed, fast, and they listen to you and your overall needs for your specific move. If you want someone who will take care of your belongings and leave your house without a single scratch, Joe’s crew is perfect!
Houston is 3 Men Movers’s hometown. Their trucks first hit the road in 1985, and now their local moving company has expanded to San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas, with one of the largest privately owned fleets in Texas. Did I mention it’s also a woman-owned company? In the recent road trips we’ve had, we’ve spotted a 3 Men Movers truck on the road and that makes me so excited to see.
They are your one-stop-shop whether you’re moving from a small apartment, a large home, or a corporate office in the heart of a major downtown city in Texas. When the time comes to make that big transition into your new home they will be there for you.
If that doesn’t say a lot to you, I don’t know what else can!
Planning For Your Moving Day
When you hire 3 Men Movers, they’ll give you a short questionnaire about your home and what you expect from the day of the move. This helps them know how many boxes their crew can expect to move from each room. It also helps them determine how big or small your home or apartment is, how many heavy items you have, or any large pieces that that exceed a certain weight.
They gave me the option of either 7 AM or 8 AM. We chose the 8 AM slot so we could have some time to focus on the move from when the kids left for school until the time they arrived home. If you don’t want the first move of the day (7 AM), they also have a “flex schedule” where they come out they are done with their first move of the day.
Joe and his crew came in and introduced themselves and automatically made me feel at ease. It was great knowing I could trust these individuals with my most valuable processions and home items and it would all work out as planned. They were friendly, prompt, very professional, and wore their masks the entire time. Joe and his crew were able to pack our house in less than 3 hours. To move our old home (around 2,360 sq ft.) we used a 24-foot truck.
The Top Questions You Asked About 3 Men Movers
- How much does it cost to move? This will depend on several variables: how far your move is, what size truck you’ll need, if you’re moving on a weekday or weekend, and more. You can get a free moving estimate here.
- How long will the move take? Every house and move is different, so 3 Men Movers tries not to give concrete estimates. But, they do say this, “A few factors that impact the length of the move are: the size of the home, the number of boxes, whether all your belongings are packed and ready to go, and the distance between the starting and ending location. The best way to save time (and money) is to ensure that your items are packed and boxed before our arrival.”
- What size truck is right for me? When we were planning our move I was right in between needing our 24-foot truck and our 48-foot Supersize truck. If you aren’t sure which truck size you need just give the Move Experts a call. They’ll ask a few questions about the size of your house, the amount of furniture you have, and help you decide which truck would be best for your move. We also did not take everything in our old house as we left my son’s complete bedroom set behind, the upstairs living room, and several other furniture pieces that I had sold and were waiting to be picked up.
- Does 3 Men Movers offer more than just moving? Yes! They are a full-service moving company and also offer packing, unpacking, self-storage, and portable storage units called MOVITS™.
- If I have 3 Men Movers pack for me, can I use my own boxes? Of course! The packing crew will use any boxes or packing materials that you already have, and they will also have their own supplies if you need them.
- Do you have any other tips to help me prepare? You bet! Whether you’re packing yourself or request one of their amazing packing crews, this checklist will help keep you on track for move day.
Finally, here are some basic tips that helped us get ready for the big move.
11 BASIC TIPS FOR YOUR NEXT MOVE:
- Designate an area for packed items
- Decide what you’ll take on your move & what you’ll donate/ give away/ sell before moving day
- Use quality boxes
- Keep valuables separate
- Put heavy items in small boxes
- Pack light items on top
- Keep similar items together
- Take pictures, that way you’ll be able to put everything back together faster
- Label Everything (use color sticky notes)
- Hire professionals who have experience
I hope this blog post was helpful to get you ready for your big move.
And don’t forget you can get $30 off your storage/ moving/ packing services with my CODE: ERIKA30