This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of OshKosh B’gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
This week coming will be hard on my momma heart. I can’t even begin to explain all the feelings I am experiencing right now as I am saying goodbye to my little girl as she starts Pre-K soon. I am a nervous wreck here as I wonder if she’ll be scared or cry the moment she gets on the bus. She has been with me since day one, my little “girlfriend/bestie” as I like to call her. Never before have I let her go away for so many hours with anyone but family. I have been selfish in my own ways for not letting go any sooner. I admit I didn’t even enroll her in a mom’s day out program or any daycare throughout these years. However she is a social butterfly and so outgoing when it comes to meeting new people and making friends anywhere she goes. And at the same time I know she is in need of grasping and exploring
more from this world and building her learning skills. Learning to socialize and interact with other children her age is not something I can give her here at home. So I am ready to let go and prepare myself and her for our first week of school. My 4 year old going on 5 soon is growing up so fast!
And not just Elyse, but also Ryan as he heads Back to School and starts 2nd grade. You would think by now I would be a pro at this Back to School thing and not let myself get over emotional but sometimes we as moms can’t help it. As Ryan starts a new school year he has been more easier to transition back to a set routine. This summer he sure took advantage of staying up way too late for a child his age since he was away with his grandparents. The lack of rules and discipline he received as he was spoiled by his grandma made it hard at first for us to get him back on track to a more smooth routine.
So I am sharing with you 5 easy tips to get your children excited and ready for Back to School. For us moms we need as much help to make our lives less stressful. And I am all for that to prepare for the school year.
- START A BEDTIME ROUTINE: The weeks and the days leading to the first day of school can be crucial but a strict structured bedtime is much needed for the parent and the child. Children need to feel well rested and energized for the next day ahead, after all they are spending more than 8 hours at school. Give them something to look forward to for bedtime, like story time. Reading is so important for your children and as a requirement for my son we apply his 20 minutes of reading everyday before he goes to sleep. I find it to calm him and sets the relaxing tone that it is time for bed.
- BE POSITIVE: Remember to point out the great things about going back to school. For my son it was reminding him about his old friends who he has not seen all summer and for my daughter it was the thought of meeting new classmates and making new friends her age. She is home with two boy brothers and lately she is been asking for a sister. Knowing she’ll have classmates who are girls her age gets her super excited.
- VISIT THE SCHOOL AND ATTEND MEET THE TEACHER: This is the best way to get your child familiar with their new surroundings. I am so glad we attended meet the teacher so my daughter could get more familiar with the school, the hallways, where her classroom will be located, and who her teacher will be. We were completely surprised to find out she’ll be with Ryan’s formal Pre-K teacher. So yessss for a familiar face and to someone she is already comfortable with.
- PRACTICE: Best thing to do is go over what their first day of school will be like. Talk to your child and ask them what they think their day will be like, how do they picture it to be. Explain how school routines work, how you have rules to follow. Ask your child if they’ll prefer a home lunch or a school lunch, or do they want to ride the bus or prefer for you to take them. Make sure to compromise on what can work best for you ALL.
- MAKE IT EXCITING: I have learned there are different ways to get your children excited for school and so far my best tip is doing back to school shopping together. My son gets so excited about shopping for his backpack every year and my daughter was no exception to this. They had so much fun picking out their own backpacks. Even if I didn’t like the colors or pattern I decided to let them choose what they liked most. It brings in a sense of independence and boost their self esteem into believing they are ready to start the school year. Not to mention letting them pick out their own shoes and clothes. It is a good distraction and it helped my daughter feel less scared. We went back to school shopping at our local OshKosh B’gosh. With so many options of mix and match leggings for girls and casual tees for boys and girls. Giving them many options to express themselves and their style while still being comfortable in what they wear. With all deals OshKosh has I got them covered for the entire month. I even shopped for my toddler with their new line of graphic tees, so he would join in on the fun with his older siblings.
Find your nearest OshKosh B’gosh by using their local store locator and stock up on their latest apparel by taking advantage of their in-store deals like their DAILY DEAL or DOORBUSTER they offer regularly. When checking out do not forget to use the following coupon to earn even more savings.
Use Coupon Code ONLINE: OKBG3352 and RETAIL CODE: 036992 to SAVE an extra 20% off your $40+ PURCHASE.
Let me know what you find as you back to school shop in the comments below, as always I love to read what you guys think. I know packing their backpacks on their first day will be bittersweet for sure but it feels good sending them in style!
Love their cute little outfits! They absolutely look adorable!
Belle | http://www.OneAwesomeMomma.com
My son so needs that artist tee! Love OshKosh and their back to school line is adorable this year!
love these outfits. osh gosh totally our go-to store!
we starting practicing last week to get on a bedtime routine. omg its so hard after how lax summer is. i'm excited for my kids to start school again though!
Your kids are so cute – love their Osh style!! I'm still working on the new bedtime routine but we have most of everything else covered.
Oh my goodness. There is just too much cuteness there! The clothes are adorable. How do you get your kids to pose? Mine try, but I have to take about 100 shots to get one I'm able to use lol
I can't believe it's already back-to-school time!
Love! I love that they are coming out with cuter clothes for boys!
This is awesome. My three almost four year starts school next week. Letting go is hard!
Love their outfits- they look so cute!
Love these tips! Back to school can be stressful for so many reasons, and these are great ways to give kids a better start!
Beautiful kids & great tips! We'll be using them this week in prep for Tuesday
Oshkosh is often my go to for back to school shopping. So many great pieces can be found there.
Oshkosh is the best! I always wore it growing up and now my kids do too!
They look absolutely adorable in their outfits! So, so cute!!!
Adorable! We love Oshkosh. Your kiddos are so cute!
They are so adorable! Great tips! I am dreading when mine have to go.
I'm such a huge OshKosh fan. Their quality is so awesome!
They both look absolutely adorable. Their outfits are very smart too.
You have some adorable children! We love this brand and it's always our number one stop!
Aww your kids look so excited for school! I love those jeans – I am going to check them out for my oldest son.
Could have totally used this coupon a couple of weeks ago. We went shopping for Jayden's BTS clothes and stopped by carters too!
Such cute outfits! And your kids are so cute!!
They look adorable in their back to school clothes!
Love these tips! Your kiddos are looking so cute!