This post is sponsored by Autotrader. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Today I am partnering with Autotrader to give you tips and advice on how to keep your car properly cleaned and sanitized during this pandemic. Although we are all staying safe at home we also find ourselves going out for what we need; whether that is a quick grocery run, a curbside pick up meal, or any other essential travel. Autotrader is here to help with anything you need to answer your auto-related questions and provide useful tips.
Let’s start with how to keep our cars properly clean. This is so easy for me, as a mom of 3 who has broken the rule and allows her kids to eat in the car, I tend to stay on top of keeping it clean at all times. My mom never allowed us to eat in the car growing up so I kinda feel like a rule breaker with this one. If you have been following along with us I talked about how I recently purchased a new vehicle this past winter and I shared all about here .
When I was shopping around for a new car I knew I wanted an SUV, but that was all. Autotrader made it easy for me to compare prices, models, and help me decide what vehicle fit our family the best. After all, purchasing a car is a huge decision and taking care of it properly is also a big task which is why I specifically told my kids we were no longer allowed to eat in the car- well that rule did not last long, but thanks to these hacks we have stayed on top of it especially now through COVID-19.
How to Disinfect Your Car During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Experts have reported that the virus that caused COVID-19 can survive as long as 72 hours on plastic and metal surfaces found in nearly every vehicle, which is why it is important to clean all the surfaces in your car that you are touching. Beginning with the driver’s door, your panel, every switch, knob, steering wheel, grab handles, your center console and most importantly what many forget is their keys. Also a major one for me is the back trunk and where you put your feet. After all when you go grocery shopping you are putting your bags there and then bringing them inside the home. Not only do I like to put my grocery bags on the kitchen floor when I get home versus the counters but I also I like to wash the cold items before they go inside my fridge. It is encourage to disinfect regularly until the pandemic is over. There is more information here
What You Need
- any solution that contains at least 70% alcohol
- a mix of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water is safe to use in any surface in your car
- microfiber cloths to avoid scratching any interior or surfaces
- if you can’t find rubbing alcohol, use soap and water with a microfiber cloth
- disinfecting wipes for the steering wheel and radio controls
- keep hand sanitizer for every time you are in and out the car
Keep It Clean with Kids
- keep a basket with all your cleaning car supplies in the back seat
- keep also a basket to store the kids toys, coloring books, colors, stickers, all entertainment in one place
- store a trash bag in your console or inside your arm rest for road trips our outings to collect all trash at the end
- vacuum your carpet and seats
- more tips on spring cleaning here
How to Properly Sanitize When Pumping Gas
- first make sure you keep disinfecting wipes in your car
- wipe down your gas pump before and after using it
- wipe down the screen and keypad before touching it and paying
- wash your hands or use sanitizer as soon as you can after pumping gas
Incentives and Programs For Those Affected
Many Americans are facing a financial struggle right now due to the coronavirus which is why many lenders are offering payment assistance. Autotrader is providing resourceful information for those seeking financial help as a car owner. I currently own a Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum, which is one the best rated 3-row SUV family cars of 2020, and I am aware that Toyota is making flexible payment arrangements and payment extensions available on a case by case basis to those reaching out and explaining their personal situation so they can help as effectively as they can.
There is a list here for you to check all the recent announced incentives and programs from the following car makers. Companies offering for those who are eligible for payment extensions, payment deferrals, and late fee waivers.
This is the time to have all the correct information to keep you and your family safe and informed. Hope this list was useful to you, for more information or if you are in the market for a new vehicle can check out Autotrader.